I always use ProcMon for these issues. Find out what file or registry access is
causing the error.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:11 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: 3rd party app on RDS, revisited

I'm still trying to fix an app that works fine on 2003 Terminal Server but not
on RDS. To recap, the error message a user will get is "Run-time error 70 -
access is denied"

Per the vendor they said make sure Mozilla (a required component, and they
don't mean Firefox) was installed via right-click and "run as administrator". I
am sure I do that anyway (habit) but I uninstalled and reinstalled Mozilla just
to be sure. Below are the steps I performed

1.       Login as user = Access Denied

2.       Log off as user, log in as local admin, reinstall Mozilla

3.       Step 1 repeated

4.       Login as myself = the app opens fine. Then I log off of the app and
the server

5.       NOW I log in as user = App opens OK

Here's the bizarre-o part. Reboot the server and repeat ONLY step #1 and the
application works....for a while.

Could some other app be stepping on this one in some fashion? This server
doesn't have much in the way of "nonstandard" applications but I wonder if
there's some other app that might somehow be stepping on the problematic one.

Any ideas?
Dave

or send an email to