I'd not call that clunky. I'd call that just the right solution. Why?
Because it preserves the file that contains the header information
you'll likely need again, so you don't have to recreate it.

I suppose you could make a batch file out of the whole operation, as in:

echo "text of header file" > ReadyToFtp.csv
adfind [command] >> ReadyToFtp.csv

to make it a bit cleaner, but that's not a huge win, as you can do
roughly the same thing with the copy command you're doing.