From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 8:28 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: SSD for lab Hyper-V server

I just bought a used PowerEdge 840 Xeon server so I can have a 2008 R2 Hyper-V
box (the free server core kind) at my home lab. It came with two 40GB SATA
drives. Any reason I shouldn't use a single 40GB SSD drive for the OS and
regular (and much bigger) SATA drives? Would the SSD speed be kind of wasted on
server core?