I don't read the bottom of a post unless I'm unfamiliar.  I do however
reference a post if I'm lost in the conversation.  Bottom posting, since so
few do it, actually wastes my time.

Ben, bless your heart, I think those who continue to do it, do it as an
affectation to illustrate their individuality.

Just sayn'.
:-)