From: James Kerr [mailto:cluster...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:57 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OT - Phone System In A Virtual Machine

We are looking at replacing our phone system. This has got me thinking about
VIOP systems and being a sys admin who maintains our current phone system (for
the most part) has got me thinking about phone system redundancy. I have a
desire to run a voice-mail and PBX on virtual machines, if possible. I just
don't know if such things exist and was wondering if any of you guys had any
info about such systems. We have about 150 phones in two locations two PBXs and
one central voice-mail/auto attendant. Venders I've spoke with so far just want
to offer newer versions of what we already have. I want something more
redundant and easier to bring up again in case of disaster. Thanks for any