From: Sam Cayze [mailto:sca...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:16 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: MDT and WIM Deployment?

1. Diving into MDT.
2. Wow, quite the product!

3. Any good resources you know of?
Loving this site and learning lots there:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/deploymentguys/

4. However, still struggling with yet the simplest tasks:
I'm just looking to
a. Boot from USB/DVD
b. Format Drive 0
c: Push WIM
d: Reboot into the WIM'd drive.

The WIM I am using is a thick image with all Sysprep, domain join, etc already
taking care of. I've been using this WIM for ages and know it works great. The
MDT wrappers and wizards are not needed at all.  I'll dive into those later.

I have a custom task sequence that includes:
Format and Partition Disk
Install OS

That should be all I need, right?  Is the default task "Install Application"
needed?  I know to update the MDT share, update media, and copy the Content
folder to the USB key. (It boots fine)

Yet it reboots right after the format and the WIM is not pushed onto the
drive...?

Any quick pointers?
Thanks!

-Sam

Sam Cayze
Systems Administrator
ROLLOUTS
ONSITE * ON DEMAND
952.279.6218...Direct Dial
612.386.3946...Mobile
www.Rollouts.com<http://www.rollouts.com/>
www.e-Technicians.net<http://www.e-technicians.net/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachment(s) are intended only for
the designated recipient(s).   Rollouts Incorporated prohibits use,
distribution or transmittal by or to an unintended recipient without Rollouts'
express written approval.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
this email and notify Rollouts.

or send an email to