From: Evan Brastow [mailto:ebras...@automatedemblem.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:14 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: QNAP suggestion?

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a QNAP NAS, as I've heard good things about them,
primarily from this list :)

But, I'm having a little trouble choosing the right one.

It seems like some people here like the TS-1279U-RP+

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/QNAP-Business-Series-TS-859U-RP-Turbo-NAS-NAS-server/2248336.aspx

However, it doesn't seem to have AD integration, which I would really need.
Really weird, too, since it says it's in their "Business Series."

I also see this unit, the TS-879U-RP

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/QNAP-TS-879U-RP-NAS-server/2499636.aspx

This one has a faster processor, more RAM and supports SATA-600 speeds and
supports AD integration.

Anyone have experience with this TS-879U-RP unit? Looks like the one I would
want....

Thanks,

Evan

or send an email to