Correction: ... any *patch* that's approved and not yet on the server ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Houseman [mailto:c.house...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:02 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Been a while since I set up WSUS, and I have an operational
question

When you approve a patch to be installed, you are approving it for clients to
install.

The downloading to the WSUS server is automatic - any client that's approved
and not yet on the server, is downloaded to the server almost immediately upon
approval.

Then WSUS clients download from the WSUS server and apply patches per the
schedule and rules established by group policy.

Carl