Evidently it can hide itself.

http://androidsecuritytest.com/features/logs-and-services/loggers/carrieriq/
ironic link as the source link is busted
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GIxQjEZuxRwJ:androidsecuritytest.com/features/logs-and-services/loggers/carrieriq/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

At the present times there does not appear to be an equivelent on Windows
Phone 7 and I suspect the iPhone (but do not know for sure) due to the
control both Apple and Microsoft exercise over their platforms.
http://www.wpcentral.com/software-recording-data-keystrokes-millions-smartphones-windows-phone-exempt

Steven Peck
http://www.blkmtn.org