Ben is spot on. It's time to start letting go of the concept of backups and
start embracing the concept of data protection. With technologies like
snapshots, cloning, replication, de-duplication and compression becoming more
prevalent in data protection solutions, you have a myriad of capabilities at
your disposal. The important thing to remember (and I believe this is a
universal truth in IT) is to not let the technologies determine your business
requirements. Determine your business requirements and then identify which
technologies allow you to meet those requirements.

- Sean