On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 4:54 PM, justino garcia <jgarciaitl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wish that PDF would die, or that it work something like on the mac, were
> PDF viewer, and save as PDF is bulit in to the OS...

  There's nothing wrong with PDF, especially the original concept.
The problem is mainly Adobe's crap implementation and creeping
features.  As has been noted, third-party software is available which
eschews Adobe's bloat, and it works fine for most purposes.  By not
implementing insecure "features", that software is more secure.

  You say "policy" says you have to keep using Acrobat.  Sounds like
the problem is the policy, then.

  Specific applications which require Acrobat are often a problem.
Lean on the vendors to stop tying their products to a specific PDF
implementation.  If their software caused problems directly, you'd
blame them; blame them for using Acrobat, too.

-- Ben