From: jesse-r...@wi.rr.com [mailto:jesse-r...@wi.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 4:44 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: SQL Backup

I'm finding this odd.

I have a SQL 2008R2 Database set for Simple Recovery Model.  The database is
showing 71GB in size according to the .mdb file.  of that, maybe only 3GB is
free/unused space.

When running backups of that database from the SQL management studio, the
backup file, upon completion, is only 23GB or so in size.  (the backups resides
on a remote server and backup is done via UNC pathing)

I don't understand how that can be correct.  Seems like I'm missing a lot of
data here in the backup file?

What can I check to verify this?  (please note my DB/SQL skill are not worth a
darn... so dumb-down any responses requiring things to be checked in SQL, ha)

mail2web.com - What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?