Which means you're going to have to audit those applications to
understand what they're doing.

If, for instance, the websense account is only used for AD auth for
the web filter, then it doesn't need to be a DA - for our Barracuda I
created an account (_barracuda), with no special privileges, because
all it does is query AD for the web filter, then placed the account in
our service account OU.

Kurt