On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Jay Kulsh <jayku...@csi.com> wrote:

> In addition to
> xcopy K:\Vid* D:\ /O /X /E /H /K /C /I /Q /Y
> I had also executed:
> xcopy K:\Vid* C:\ /O /X /E /H /K /C /I /Q /Y

Okay, this is starting to make a little bit more sense.

What, exactly, is in the source (K:\) that would cause those commands to
overwrite critical permissions and/or files?

>>Is using SECEdit to reset security permissions the right move? Thanks.

Not until we understand what you'd be resetting them to, or why the
commands you used caused a problem.

Also, do you have an identical system to obtain the correct permissions
from?

Are you auditing the security on these boxes?

* *

*ASB* *http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker* *Harnessing the Advantages of
Technology for the SMB market…

*