From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: 18 January 2012 14:07
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: SBS 2011 + Small Bus. Premium add-on

Per the subject line - since the SBS 1022 Premium add-on gives you a 2008 R2
Standard license + SQL, is there any reason the 2008 R2 server + SQL can't be
installed in an existing 2003 SBS domain BEFORE upgrading the SBS server from
2003 - 2011? Does it so any funky "looking for upgraded SBS server before
activating?". I would guess no (because MS already has your money) but don't
want to get started just to find out it won't work.

I found this:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/03/23/requirements-for-installing-sql-2008-standard-edition-for-small-business.aspx
 and it looks like I'm good, but wondered if anyone has run into/seen this.
David Lum
Systems Engineer // NWEATM
Office 503.548.5229 // Cell (voice/text) 503.267.9764

or send an email to