From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:55 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Picking up file server tuning again

RE: PST files.

This might well be part of the issue:

#net file | findstr /i pst
21310605   J:\Home\...\Archive PSTs\archive.pst    USER1  0
21310606   J:\Home\USER1\Archive PSTs\xxxxx.PST    USER1  0
21359101   J:\Home\...\xxxx Folders.pst            USER2  2
21375086   J:\Home\...\Outlook\xxxxxxxx.pst        USER3  1
21375089   J:\Home\...\Outlook\~xxxxxxxx.pst.tmp   USER3  0
21375091   J:\Home\...\Outlook\Jokes.pst           USER3  1
21375094   J:\Home\...\Outlook\~Jokes.pst.tmp      USER3  0
21386255   J:\Home\USER4\Private\USER4.pst         USER4  1

Kurt
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 19:25, Brian Desmond
Well, the % Interrupts/DPC Time/Kernel Mode CPU time isn't necessarily going to
be fixed by x64. It may very well mean you've got some crappy drivers in play.

The disk stuff indicates the disk is not fast enough to keep up with demand.
You can solve that with more spindles or faster spindles.

Page Pool utilization will be resolved by x64 (or even x86 on 2008). That's
indicative of crappy drivers, large tokens, and/or people doing things like
using PSTs off file shares.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
br...@briandesmond.com<mailto:br...@briandesmond.com>

w – 312.625.1438<tel:312.625.1438> | c   – 312.731.3132<tel:312.731.3132>