Hi folks,

Up until now, we have basically had tower servers. We are (slowly)
replacing them with Rack Servers. Don't laugh at my question...:)

I have a full size (42U) Rack. I have about 6-7 servers (and related
equipment), mostly 1-2 U, to install now, and more coming.

Do you folks start at the bottom and work up (if so, do you leave any
free space at the bottom)? Do you start in about the middle and work
both ways? I doubt anybody starts at the top and works down, due to top
heavy (tipping) issues, but I could be wrong.

Just looking for best practice, common ways of doing this.

I have non-rack UPS, which will be outside the rack. The
monitor/keyboard/mouse for a KVM switch will also be outside the rack.

Thanks.

Mark