Is there any VPN stuff going on by chance that overwrites some DNS or other
settings which the reboot clears until the VPN client is started again?

________________________________
 From: Richard Stovall <rich...@gmail.com>
To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: dns issue with browser (OS X)

Can you resolve any external hosts from a terminal window using nslookup?  When
you said that you could ping by hostname, were you pinging internal hosts with
the same DNS suffix?  (I think Macs call this search domain or something
similar.)

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Jimmy Tran <jt...@teachtci.com> wrote:

DHCP.  When it wasn’t working, I changed to static info and still nothing.  The
reboot does fix it temporarily but it just seems to come back in 24 hours.