No, sids never get reused.

From: Rankin, James R [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:33 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Orphaned SIDs

Its probably a good idea. Could they technically be reused and therefore cause
an access issue, or does Windows/AD never rehash an old SID?

It certainly looks a lot tidier anyway!
Sent from my SR-71 Blackbird
________________________________
From: "Christopher Bodnar"
<christopher_bod...@glic.com<mailto:christopher_bod...@glic.com>>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:28:52 -0500
To: NT System Admin
Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com<mailto:ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>>
ReplyTo: "NT System Admin Issues"
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com<mailto:ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>>
Subject: Orphaned SIDs

Is anyone cleanup up orphaned SID's they find in local groups on servers? I'm
grabbing this information with SCCM and never really looked into it. I have a
script that will clean this up, but was wondering what others are doing.

Thanks
Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Achitect I, Corporate Office of Technology

Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com<mailto:>

[cid:_2_0770A83C0770A43C00600738852579AB]

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com<http://www.guardianlife.com/>

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to
it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution,
copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

or send an email to

or send an email to