From: Chyka, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 6:13 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Switch Purchase Question...

I am looking to upgrade switching for a architectural/engineering firm here.
It is a small network with 85 devices on it.  I want to go gigabit and the
owner probably wont spend the $$$ to get Cisco gear.  I was looking at 3com
and HP.  Here are the models I was looking at for each vendor:

3Com Switch 4200G 48-Port 3CR17662-91

Hp ProCurve 2810-48G 48 Port

It is a flat network so I only need a layer 2 device.  It is a cad heavy
shop and I was wondering which one you would lean toward or if there was
another model you like better by same or different vendor in the $2500-$3000
range.

Thanks!