It's been a while since I needed to buy a rack, but Chatsworth was our
choice for bare-bones & low-cost.  If simple is better, these are better!

jb

From: Richard McClary [mailto:richard.mccl...@aspca.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:17 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Anyone familiar with Chatsworth server racks?

Greetings!

As a part of a major datacenter remodel, our wiring vendor is suggesting
Chatsworth racks for our servers.

We have no idea of the prices on these products.  Still, aside from a huge
range of options (types of enclosures, many different sizes, etc), how do
these racks compare with the 42U racks, presumably from APC or Tripp-Lite,
that Dell has supplied us with in the past?

Just wondering, but we need to accept bids and sign contracts really really
soon; thanks!

--

Richard D. McClary

Jr Infrastructure Architect, Information Technology Group

ASPCAR

1717 S. Philo Rd, Ste 36

Urbana, IL 61802

richard.mccl...@aspca.org

P: 217-337-9761

C: 217-417-1182

F: 217-337-9761

 <http://www.aspca.org/> www.aspca.org

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is
from The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to AnimalsR (ASPCAR)
and is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the contents of this e-mail,
and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by reply email and
permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout
thereof.