GotoAssist should let you remote to the computer as long as someone is there to
do things with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: ANDREW F OFALT [mailto:afo...@psu.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 4:50 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: quick answer?

I thought i would never need a quick answer. I guess it wont be quick if the
list is slow.

Ok I need a way to install an msi file (skype to be exact) under a restricted
user account.
We are using teamviewer.com to make the connection.
We have to use the teamviewer password, so we are not logged in as windows
admin in a domain.
User access control pops up every time and does not display on my computer, the
access control shows on the users computer.  Of course we cannot give them the
top secret admin password.
runing IE as admin does not work, skype changes something in the install and it
bombs.
runas msiexec -at a dos prompt gives no errors, it just says starting.
Is there any msiexec switch that will give more info?  I created a log file
with msiexec and there is no errors in the log file.
we cannot remote desktop to the computer because it is at home and public
isp/ip.

Andy00