I used to schedule my patching on the week following Tuesday for the
Windows environment.  Usually set goals to do it the following Tuesday, but
if patch review wasn't done yet, it would go to Wednesday.  This was
because we were a production SaaS environment, sharing resources with the
Ops team, so I could never do it on the weekends, which were reserved for
the Ops maintenance window (linux servers).  So I would start at 7pm, patch
servers in a particular order so as not to take too many down at once, and
be done by 8:30 or so.  My minion did the verification starting after 8:30,
since his lil ones were in bed by that time.  Worked out well - 30+ servers
in all, not counting labs which were done during the day by the lab teams.

Kat Aylward Langan