This Win 2008 server totally crashed and I have Windowsimagebackup of all
critical volumes on a remote server.

Did not have large enough portable USB disk to copy that backup and connect to
crashed server, and could not view network while using Restore option with OS
DVD.

So, did a quick install of OS and after network could be seen, used remote
location to restore the backup image. However, since C: drive was in use, the
restored image could only be put on D: drive. Made D: partition active and C:
inactive, and now none are working.

My question: If I do the temp OS install on D: drive and then do a restore to
C: drive from that network location, will I be able to get back the old server
if I make C: active and D: inactive? Thanks.

Jay Kulsh
So. Pasadena, CA