On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcas...@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> He claims its plugged in to his laptop via USB but wont charge.

  You have forgotten the Seventh Universal Truth of Information
Technology: Users lie.

(see: http://trioptimum.com/truth/)

  My first guess: The phone will charge just fine without a driver.
It's just Windows is prompting for a driver to make all the other
magic BlackBerry stuff work, and the user assumes that means it won't
work without one.

  My second guess: Try fiddling with the Mass Storage Device settings
of the Blackberry.  Depending on how it's configured, the BlackBerry
will present itself as either an ordinary USB flash drive, or as
something fancier.  The "something fancier" mode may need drivers, but
the "ordinary USB flash drive" mode does not.

-- Ben