We've also run into issues with update vs replace, and are using replace.
Another important note is to check the box to "Remove this item when it is no
longer applied" and when you are changing a drive map, delete that item and
create a new one.

From: James Hill [mailto:falc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:56 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: GPP Drives Maps Not Updating Or Replacing

When Windows 2008 first came out I came across this same issue and found it
quite frustrating.  I ended up only using Replace as Update was unreliable.

I found that I had to make sure that Replace was used from the start.  If it
wasn't I had to Delete the drive mappings and then use Replace from then on.

James.