Both in hardware and software, the Amiga platform was *years* ahead of
its time. The introduction of hardware graphics chips and a true
multi-tasking OS were astonishing for the day.

I got my first hard drive for my Amiga 1000, and ran a BBS on it for
several years - Black Flag.

When the hard drive finally gave up the ghost, I tried to move it to a
386 PC, and exploit Fidonet, but it was never the same - never quite
as cool - so I finally gave up on that.

Kurt