System Center Configuration Manager. :)

No clue how it does it. I would probably look at the registry.

From: Sam Cayze [mailto:sca...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:50 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Start an install when an Uninstall completes?

Anyone scripted this yet?

Product 1 is installed.
Product 2 needs to be installed.
Product 1 has to be uninstalled before Product 2 can be installed.

Hoping to roll the MSI /x and MSI /i commands into one script.  Does MSIEXEC
have some controls for this? Or should I programmatically read the Event Log in
a repeating loop until the successful uninstall event is posted.  Or maybe scan
the HKLM\Sofware***\Uninstall registry to see if Product 1 is still in there?

Ideas of what might be the cleanest and most reliable?  I feel like I'm missing
something very obvious :-\

TIA,

Sam

or send an email to