Nice.  Thanks Webster!

From: Webster [mailto:webs...@carlwebster.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:24 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Server 2008 R2 and SBS 2011 DNS cache problems

Start at slide 43:

http://media.ch9.ms/teched/au/2011/pptx/SVR305.pptx

Carl Webster
Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional
http://www.CarlWebster.com<http://www.carlwebster.com/>

From: Jimmy Tran [mailto:jt...@teachtci.com]<mailto:[mailto:jt...@teachtci.com]>
Subject: Server 2008 R2 and SBS 2011 DNS cache problems

At the office I've been noticing a log of "bad packets" on my DNS server with
the error 5501, The DNS server encountered a bad packet from 2.22.230.194.
Packet processing leads beyond packet length. The event data contains the DNS
packet.. When this happens, the page I'm trying to visit looks to be broken or
have some styling issues.  When I clear the DNS cache, it works properly again.

This also happens on my home SBS 2011 machine.  Visits to Dell, Skype and
GoDaddy constantly have this problem.  I finally decided to do some research
and it looks to be an issue with EDns.  I'm not sure if anyone else has
experienced this issue but here is the fix.  I just thought I would share what
I learned today.

Open command prompt as administrator and run "dnscmd /config /EnableEDNSProbes
0".  This instantly fixed my Web/DNS problems.  Here is the link to the article
I found:
http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2009/09/15/windows-server-2008-r2-dns-issues.aspx.

or send an email to