Hi folks.  Happy hump day ;)

I'm working on testing an application called MassTransit(MT) from Group Logic.
- basically, it's for automatically pushing files that users drop into folders
and is used in workflows, etc.  We are trying to evaluate some optimizations
for throughput with one of the remote sites and MT where the remote site has
some bandwidth limitations.

For testing I have the following:
1 new 2K8 R2 VM test server in remote site with MT.
Approximate RTT(Round Trip Time) ping times from local to remote site are 300
MS.  Remote site has a 20M in/out pipe.

Local MT server 2K8 R2 SP1 VM.
Our local pipe is 100G.

Both Servers TCP settings (as shown by netsh int tcp show global) are below.
The only thing I changed is the ECN Capability setting - I enabled it. Default
was disabled.

I'm being advised by the corporate network team that we can also tweak the TCP
receive settings on the remote site that has the longer RTT times.

Everything that I've found so far says that 2K8 automatically tunes the TCP
receive settings.
The only thing I can find that may be related is the tcp autotuning value which
has a brief write up article here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74556-enable-disable-tcp-auto-tuning.html

It says you can use  "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=restricted" to
try and override the stack's behavior.
Values are - disabled, highlyrestricted, restricted, NORMAL(is the default),
experimental

Does anyone have any experience or comments on this?

Thanks,

Don K

TCP Global Parameters
Receive-Side Scaling State          : enabled
Chimney Offload State               : automatic
NetDMA State                        : enabled
Direct Cache Acess (DCA)            : disabled
Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level    : normal
Add-On Congestion Control Provider  : ctcp
ECN Capability                      : enabled
RFC 1323 Timestamps                 : disabled

Same thing for the Chicago MT Server:
MASSTRANSIT