Just had an 1-1/2 hour demo by the local Ruckus rep here in Toronto. I have
to say I'm quite impressed, if half of what he said is true it seems to be
a great product. Apparently by his graphs they outperform anything else on
the market, Aruba, Cisco, HP, BTW he really dismissed Meraki as a
“consumer” product.

Any advantage other that communality in management in having HP wireless,
since my switches are HP E8200 and E5100? Or if the $$ is ok just go with
Ruckus?

BTW, i figure we need about 20 AP's (office and production) for now any
about another 6 for a new building in about 8 months.

Stefan

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Tom Miller <tmil...@hnncsb.org> wrote:

>  I'm about to roll out Ruckus over a six building Campus  here.  I also
> have a large remote office with Aruba. Both are good, but Aruba is far more
> work to configure and keep configured.  And I'm the only engineer here and
> don't have time to keep up with Aruba.
>
> Ruckus is super easy to configure.  There is this ZeroIT configuration
> tool which makes secure connections very easy for your end users.

> Got it.
>
> I have a friend that owns an SMB insulting firm who is going pretty hard
> into Ruckus. He did a pretty big Aruba installation for a University client
> several years ago, and he says the Ruckus stuff is very good for a lot less
> money. Maybe that's an option.
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Joseph L. Casale <
> jcas...@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>
>>  All pfSense boxes, I'm afraid:)
>>
>> They do have a captive portal, and I actually may use it for offloading
>> the public task.

Stefan Jafs