Require a second factor of authentication that is of a "something you have"
variety (smartcard, OTP etc.)?

Cheers
Ken

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Tuesday, 5 June 2012 12:23 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: How to prevent a controlled password from being handed out..

In our case it was the administrative PGP encryption password that would let
you log in to any encrypted system. Our Service Desk would occasionally hand it
out to users instead of going through an extended rigmarole to get in
themselves: Make it something embarrassing to say!

I did this a few months ago and it has worked wonders...I am certain they
haven't handed it out to anyone, but  :)
David Lum
Systems Engineer // NWEATM
Office 503.548.5229 // Cell (voice/text) 503.267.9764