On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Jimmy Tran <jt...@teachtci.com> wrote:
> I’m getting ready to purchase a few licenses for a client.  The main
> difference I see between the two OS’s is SBS includes Exchange.  The down
> side is SBS requires much more resources as seen from my lab.  If there are
> no plans for on premise exchange, should I be going with Server 2008 R2?

  While I haven't touched it in literally years, I've always tried to
stay away from SBS.  There are various licensing constraints (e.g.,
must be a DC holding the FSMO roles) that can cause artificial
headaches.  Worse, there are a bunch of "wizards" and canned
configuration and other things designed to help you, and if you
deviate from the SBS way of doing things, they can fail in weird ways.
 SBS mainly seems to be designed for a small company that mostly does
their own IT but shouldn't.  So if this client is one of those (mostly
does their own IT, but shouldn't) SBS may be appropriate.  But if
their IT is handled by clueful IT professionals, I would steer clear.

-- Ben