Thought I would pass this along:

On my plain vanilla install of W2K12 (no additional roles or features
installed yet) tried switching PS to version 2 and got this message:

Version v2.0.50727 of the .NET Framework is not installed and it is
required to run version 2.0 of Windows PowerShell.

Took a look and the default is .NET 4.5 and you have to install 3.5 with
(includes 3 and 2 ) in order to support PS 2.0. So I do that through the
add roles and features wizard and it fails. At the end of the wizard it
tells me it couldn't find the source files, but I can run the wizard again
and on the confirmation page select "alternate source location" for the
files. I did this and it worked. What I find odd is that when it couldn't
find the source files, it didn't prompt me for an alternate location then,
so the install could continue.

Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Achitect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise
Architecture and Engineering Services
Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.

<<image/jpeg>>