PCI compliance doesn't require or even say they recommend it: "Suppressing the
SSID is not necessarily a security mechanism as a hacker can sniff the SSID
using fairly trivial techniques. However, broadcasting an SSID that advertises
the organization's name or is easily identifiable with the organization is not
recommended."
(this was updated less than a year ago)
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pdfs/PCI_DSS_v2_Wireless_Guidelines.pdf

In short, broadcast it, but don't call it "Umpqua Bank" if your wireless serves
Umpqua Bank.

Also, if I read this right, if you hide your SSID but have Windows PC's that
attach to it configured to "always connect" then you now have Windows systems
specifically calling for your hidden wireless network's name, meaning even if
they not near your wireless they're calling for it

Hidden Wireless SSIDs Actually Leak Your SSID Name
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28653/debunking-myths-is-hiding-your-wireless-ssid-really-more-secure/

Microsoft discourages hiding the SSID:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_set_(802.11_network)#Security_disadvantages_of_SSID_hiding

I even see references to "the 802.11i specification amendment (which  defines
WPA2, discussed later) even states that a computer can refuse to  communicate
with an access point that doesn't broadcast its SSID", although I am unable to
find the specific 802.11 document they refer to.

I suppose hiding the SSID could prevent Joe Casually Curious from trying to
connect from his machine an THEN deciding to look for wireless cracking tools.
The PCI remark makes sense to me - broadcast it but use a not-so-relevant name.

Dave