OTOH,
http://redtape.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/22/11797573-could-you-be-sued-for-texting-with-a-driver-experts-say-maybe?lite

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:04 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Nah, you're not responsible while behind the wheel

I attended a mobile device / BYOD webinar today and some of the discussion was
about mobile devices and driving. They had polls during the meeting and one of
them was:
"Do you believe you company should be liable for injuries while driving and
using a device?" (Yes\no)

And while I don't know how many attended this webinar (might have been 20,
might have been 200). 66% of the respondents said YES! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? In
other words when you're driving you're not 100% responsible for your portable
device distracting you?

Put into the worst case, if I you are using some device while driving for my
company and you hit my kid, it's *my* fault you don't have the capacity to pay
attention to driving? If that's the case as a business owner I reserve the
right to disable forward motion of the vehicle any time you want to use said
corporate device.

Is there some scenario I am overlooking where it's not the drivers' primary job
to be in control of their vehicle?
David Lum
Systems Engineer // NWEATM
Office 503.548.5229 // Cell (voice/text) 503.267.9764

or send an email to