Getting ready to migrate a small office environment to office 365. Domain
is 2008 R2, only 10 users. I'm reading through all the documentation and
specifically looking at the requirement for a separate machine to host the
Directory Synchronization tool. Anyone here do this yet with a small
office? Just curious as to the load on the box. I'm going to create a VM
for this but see that the minimum requirements are 4G RAM and 70G of disk
space. That seems high to me for something like this in a very small
environment. Curious to hear what others have seen after doing this in a
similar environment.

Also just starting to read about single sign-on. So using the AD Sync tool
doesn't give you single-sign on? It just gets your users and groups up to
Office 365? For what purpose, if the credentials are synched? That's what
I don't understand yet, but I'm not done reading yet, so maybe that will
come. So if you need AD FS for single sign-on, how was the process?

Thanks,

Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Achitect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise
Architecture and Engineering Services
Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the
message and any attachments.  Thank you.

<<image/jpeg>>