Must be a great book!  ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004RP438O/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 4:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Certificate authority

No, you are not overthinking this.

It's not extremely complicated, but it's very good to do all of your reading
and get your ducks all in a row before you start this.

I went with a two-tier installation - the root CA is a VM that's shut down and
copied to a portable disk, and is not a member of the domain.

Make sure that you note when your CRL expires, so that you can bring up your
root CA in time to generate a new one.

If you want to get more depth on the subject, I recommend this book (only
available as an ebook, unfortunately):
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780735625167.do

Kurt