They're still putting out the 720p displays.  Maybe he got one of those?

Joe Heaton
ITB - Enterprise Server Support

From: Carl Houseman [mailto:c.house...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 6:49 AM
To: Heaton, Joseph@DFG; NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Monitor or TV for home use

Exactly how low-end was this 32" TV?   It is possible to buy them with lower
than 1080p (1920 x 1080) native panel resolution - if you bought such a thing,
that's the problem.

If the TV has a 1080p panel, did you insure that the computer display
resolution is set to 1980 x 1080?

Another fuzzy-display problem is underscanning by the computer's display
driver.  If the Windows desktop doesn't fill the TV screen right to the edges,
you have that problem and need to look for an under/over-scan setting in the
control panel for the display adapter.

Carl