From: Christopher Bodnar [mailto:christopher_bod...@glic.com]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 7:29 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Expired DC cert

So you have an internal PKI and DC2 is a CA?

I don't know  your specific configuration, but you shouldn't need to reboot
after installing the new certificate. We recently did a similar configuration
where our firewall devices need to use SSL for LDAP queries against our domain
controllers. They all had expired certificates. We just deleted the old and
installed the new. No reboot was required.

YMMV

Christopher Bodnar
Enterprise Achitect I, Corporate Office of Technology:Enterprise Architecture
and Engineering Services

Tel 610-807-6459
3900 Burgess Place, Bethlehem, PA 18017
christopher_bod...@glic.com<mailto:>

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD5DA5.A02070C0]

The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

www.guardianlife.com<http://www.guardianlife.com/>