Yep just did that, and it shows that the access is authenticated via
certificate, but when I do a sniff with wireshark, I am not seeing the
TLS Handshake this is what concerns me.  I can see in the tcp stream of
the packets that the certificate and its CRL is requested and per the
connection that Kerberos and Server Certificate is being used.

The security layer is set to SSL (TLS1.0) and the Encryption Level is
set to FIPS compliant and I set the security option use FIPS compliant
Algorithms for Encryption Signing and Hashing.

I have a call in with M$ on this just to verify the process is working
as expected, but I would assume that if settings are set to TLS1.0 (SSL)
and using FIPS compliant settings I should be using TLS 1.0 (so just
like a SSL handshake you see the compatable algorithms between the
workstation and the server which is sending its certificate etc etc)

I will let everyone know what I find out, but I haven't seen any
documentation to the contrary on the setup I have done on these. I just
don't want an auditor coming back and saying that something isn't
working correctly, or was done wrong and isn't giving the protections
when I know it is and I have proof to verify it is.

Edward Ziots

CISSP, Security +, Network +

Security Engineer

Lifespan Organization