On Feb 1, 2008 9:48 AM, Chyka, Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does HP have POE switches?

  Yup, several options, according to their catalog.  Haven't used 'em myself.

> I am a big Cisco fan for their feature set etc. but im looking for cheaper
> alternatives ...

  Yah, the thing all us ProCurve fans are saying is that HP seems to
offer most/all of the same features, for lower cost, with a better
warranty.   More features in some cases -- a nice web UI, for example,
which isn't available on many Cisco models.

  Of course, I expect once you get into the *really* high end -- like
the Cisco Nexus 7000 -- HP can't compete.  And if you've got existing
Cisco products, it of course makes sense to preserve that investment.
Likewise if you're using Cisco Call Manager and it has special
integration features that only work with their equipment.

-- Ben