From: Kramer, Jack [mailto:jack.kra...@cabs.msu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:38 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Looking for options... Mobile workforce and central resources

Honestly, it really does sound like either a Citrix solution (XenApp?) or a
VDI solution would be your best bet for application access. (I'm partial to
VMware View, but I also have a substantial VMware investment already.)
Combine with a tool for remote account unlocks and password resets (we use
Scriptlogic's Desktop Authority Password Self-Service) and that helps solve
the password expiration problem-lots of advanced warning and a self-service
HTTPS portal with security questions for credential management. I'd say go
that route and manage it as a BYOD environment rather than trying to get
credentials onto the remote machines.

----
Jack Kramer
Manager of Information Technology