From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Thursday, 2 August 2012 1:25 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: there should be...

In those cases I manually set the IP once I realize the station isn't getting
an IP addresses, and sometimes I remember to flip it back to DHCP right away,
sometimes it's weeks later :). If trying to do this remote yeah, it could be a
reason to keep a station static. Of course that makes it prime to be the one
station you can't get to if a change ever does happen to a network (BTDT!).

In my fairly limited experience (I have 17 years' experience, but only about 7
different Windows networks over the years) as long as the DC's / DHCP/VM Host
servers are static, in a DR situation that's enough because if systems aren't
getting DHCP then you're not ready for the next steps.