From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:57 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Troubleshooting wireless

Here's the dumb thing: We know the root cause is RF interference. Our vendor is
Meru and they did an evaluation & scan of our environment before we moved into
the building 18 months ago and based on what they found they recommended 25
dual-radio AP's. Our company decided that was too expensive and went with 25
single radio AP's, effectively we're a victim of our own cost cutting.

Meru is very helpful with the localized troubleshooting, but I am finding it
difficult to reproduce the issue at the moment they call as our users typically
use wireless for the hour or so they have meetings, and they don't always have
problem each time they use wireless.

Is there any client side troubleshooting ideas I'm overlooking - as in, how can
you? It's like having a fleet of cars that just about every time you take one
to a mechanic the symptoms stop.

Dave