From: Heaton, Joseph@DFG [mailto:jhea...@dfg.ca.gov]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 3:15 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Strange login issue

We're setting up a new domain.  When a user here in the central HQ area logs
in, the DC that they use for login is random.  Should be a DC here locally, but
most of the time it is not.  They'll end up using a DC from a field office
site, which means the request goes over slow links to get there.  I'm not the
architect, but I know that the person that set up the domain used Sites and
site links for replication, etc.  Using this had no effect, and neither did
removing them.  Anyone have advice on how to make clients use the local DC if
it's available, before going to another site for login?

or send an email to