On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Stefan Jafs <stefan.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an HP 8212zl switch with a JBIC connected fibre to a Dell PC 3448P, I
> would like to know what approximate bandwidth the connection uses, is there
> built in monitoring or do I need some 3rd party application?

What do you use for monitoring bandwidth usage on your other equipment?

I'm not terribly familiar with SCOM, but it looks as if 2012 has some
of the functionality you need.

OTOH, if you have a *nix box laying around, either cacti or MRTG will
do the job nicely.

In any case, it will take a tool that understands SNMP, and perhaps
can graph the data for you (if you want history to look at), and
certainly cacti and MRTG can do both of those.

Kurt