Personally I would not look with favor on walking into a bank and seeing the
tellers using any kind of portable device to look things up on the central
machine, be it mainframe, mini, or server.  I feel the same way about a lot of
governemt offices as well.  Would you trust people that are paid as little as
possible with YOUR personal information and money if all it takes is "one bad
apple" to cost you a fortune?  The easier it is to take information without
IT/management knowing about it the less I would trust on mobile devices.  I am
not saying low paid people are not trust worthy only that money/information
could tempt anyone but they are more easily swayed/have less to lose.  Even
with things running on virtual machines or Citrix can be imaged and saved to a
local drive. Jon