Great point.  I might have to test that out with a Killawatt meter and see
what my actual savings may be.

From: Crawford, Scott [mailto:crawfo...@evangel.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 12:05 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: 'Clean' power and UPSes, can I skip it for a Redundant Power
Supply?

Mainly guessing here, but I don't think you're gonna save too much.  The
load of the server isn't eaten up by the power supplies, but rather the
spinning disc, fans and CPU.  Eliminating one power supply will just make
the other PS work harder. So, in the event of a power failure, instead of
drawing 50% of the power from each PS, you'll be drawing 100% from the
remaining PS.