From: jesse-r...@wi.rr.com
To: NT System Admin Issues
ReplyTo: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: APP-V for 2008R2 terminal services
Sent: 7 Sep 2012 17:55

I'm trying to understand why a previous vendor (who no longer supports
them) at one of my customers had setup a 2008 R2 terminal server to use MS
APP-V.

The environment consists of 25 thin client devices in a school/lab setting.
The ONLY software used on the terminal server is Office 2007 and Internet
Explorer.  I can't seem to determine why the vendor bothered with building
a separate MS APP-V server for Office 2007.  Why not just load Office 2007
on the terminal server?  It's not taxed as far as resources go.  There is
no other software loaded on the terminal server that conflicts with Office
2007 so...  why APP-V?

Thinking about building a replacment terminal server, and installing Office
2010 on it.  My experience with APP-V is basically nil... but guessing at
this point, it's not needed at all for an environment like this one?

Regards

---Blackberried